The Holiday

I hope that the title doesn't make too much confusion. I'm trying to name every post with the word "The" as the first word. I hope that my explanation makes sense also. This post may seem a bit "off" or a bit slow, and that's because I'm sleepy. It's been a long day and a full one as well...Today October the 12th, or the 12th of October is a special day. Not only for me but for America. It's a federal holiday so that means that most people get a day off from school and work....MOST people. Some people in other states don't get a day off because their state chooses not to recognize this day as a holiday. October 12th, Columbus Day. We "celebrate" this day when Christopher Columbus landed and discovered the Americas. Which eventually caused hundreds and hundreds of Native Americans to be killed. I think that it's pretty messed up that we Americans celebrate the cause of many deaths to the original TRUE, REAL Americans. I guess that's just what needed to happen in order to have America be so great...modern America. It shouldn't have happened in a brutal fashion though, there could've been an alternative, a better way than the one that was obviously chosen and put into effect. We REALLY shouldn't celebrate this day...I will always celebrate THIS day though because I was born on this day.
Happy Birthday to me. Now it's time for me to sleep...I have school tomorrow, a 4 day week.

Comments

Popular Posts